It’s official… as we move into 2022, email marketing still provides the best return on investment for your business. For every dollar you spend, you can expect to get $36 back.
If you’re planning your email marketing strategy for the months ahead, we’ve put together some guidance to help, as well as how bulk email messaging can give you the edge.
What to consider in your 2022 email marketing strategy
Here are our top six tips for creating the perfect email strategy for your business.
1. Think about what goals you want to achieve
It’s important to know what targets you want to hit with your email marketing plan, as it will give you something to aspire to. What metrics will mean your strategy has been successful?
For example, do you want to get a particular number of sales? Do you want to encourage a proportion of people to download your latest lead magnet?
2. Consider your email cadence
With email marketing, cadence is just as important as the type of emails you send.
Cadence refers to the frequency and spacing of the emails you send out. Send too many emails, and you may frustrate customers. However, don’t send enough, and they may forget who you are.
Three out of five email subscribers cite email frequency as the number one reason they choose to unsubscribe from emails. This means it’s essential to get the cadence of your communications right.
One of the ways you can hit the right email frequency is by segmenting your email lists – more on that later. That way, you can improve engagement and keep your prospective customers happy.
3. Get on board with bulk email messaging
Bulk email messaging (also known as mass email messaging) is when you send an email campaign to a group of people at the same time.
For example, if you have an email newsletter, emailing it individually to every single person on your list is a massive waste of time and resources. It’s easier and quicker to send your newsletter out to everyone in one go.
Bulk email messaging is a fantastic way to send out your latest news, product releases, discount vouchers and reminders about special events.
4. Use personalization in your emails
Four out of five customers are more likely to buy when businesses provide personalized experiences. This means it’s vital that all your communication channels offer personalized content, and email is no exception.
One of the easiest ways to include personalization in your emails is by mentioning the customer’s name.
Whether in the subject line or the main body of text, this can help increase the chances of prospective customers reading (and actioning) your email message.
Another way you can personalize your emails is through the use of dynamic content. This is information that is added to your emails with a piece of code or an API. You can use it to recommend products based on what customers have already bought or list content related to their specific industry.
5. Segment your lists
Another benefit of bulk email messaging is that you can segment your lists. This is when you split your main list into various categories, meaning you can send bespoke information to each.
With segmentation, you can see up to a 760% increase in revenue, so it’s definitely worth a try!
Here are just some of the ways you can segment your email lists.
- Geographic location. If you operate in different countries, you may use different currencies, even different languages, in your emails. Segmentation means you can separate your subscribers depending on where they live
- Gender and age. If you sell shoes, it’s unlikely your male subscribers will be interested in your latest high heel collection! By segmenting your lists, you can be sure that your customers will see the content and news that most interests them
- Date of last purchase and value of purchases. If you have a cohort of customers who spend a lot of money with you, you can put them on a VIP list where they can access the latest products before everyone else. Conversely, if you have customers who haven’t bought from you for a while, why not tempt them back with a money-off voucher?
- Where they signed up. Where a customer subscribed up to your mailing list can impact the content they want to see. For example, did they sign up through your blog? It’s likely they will want to see more of your latest articles. Did they sign up on social media? Prioritize your latest social media news. More relevant content will lead to more opens and clicks
6. Measure, measure and measure again!
Email marketing isn’t just something you can ‘set and forget.’ It’s crucial that you constantly review your statistics to see what works and what doesn’t, in line with the goals you chose earlier.
If something works, great! If not, make small tweaks and see if this improves your stats as you move forward.
As Peter Drucker famously said: ‘What gets measured gets managed.’
Make bulk email messaging part of your 2022 strategy with Outlasted Data
We hope this article has given you some valuable insight into planning your email marketing strategy to bring the best results.
As you can see, if you’re not using bulk email messaging in your current marketing mix, you definitely should. It’s fast, it’s effective, and it’s easily personalized.
Our bulk email service makes designing, sending and monitoring your campaigns as simple as possible. Segment your campaigns with ease and ensure high click-through rates, all with the click of a button.
Plus, with detailed statistics, you can be sure which campaigns bring in the most sales for your business.
Whether you need to send one-hundred or ten-thousand emails to your customers, we’re here to support your business requirements.
Find out more about our bulk email messaging service and how we can help you achieve your marketing goals for 2022.